Where to get the non nt maps?

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I live in usa and am using trailmaps on a lumia 920. I have figured out how to find a poi but I do not see any free garmin nt maps anywhwere? please help.
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Hi,

New version of Trailmap will be available soon, about few days. This version support multiple img file in one img file. So you can use openstreetmap:
http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

Regards,
Attila Farkas
Apr 20, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Having issues with maps. I downloaded a custom map selection from the site above. Unzipped it and selected all the image files and loaded onto my windows 8 phone, Lumina 920. Still does not work, no map shown on phone. Also, how do you use the elevation maps? Installed those and had no maps installed? Would really like to know how to use this app for hiking in Northern California, thanks.
Apr 20, 2013 at 3:01 PM
hey deezus did you find out where to get the maps from? i have the same phone as you and am struggling....
Apr 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM
and to atifarkas....... can you explain to both deezus and i exactly how to install the downloaded maps onto our phones so we can actually use the $4.49 app that we paid for.

Thank you

Adecad.
Apr 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM
I got the maps at the link above in atifarkas reply. I downloaded California windows NT maps. I installed all image files but maps never load. One tine they did, then next time I loaded app it just stuck on loading maps forever. I also loaded the elevation maps but they showed no detail at all
I wish this app could load California with elevations so I could use it to hike!!! Maybe I'm doing it wrong. How about some detailed. Instructions? Ty
Apr 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM
this app just does not work..... Is anyone actually on here to advise or am i wasting my time?
Apr 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Well. I loaded Garmin maps and the elevation maps and it worked once but now it just says loading maps forever. Only way to fox it is to delete app and reinstall. Not very happy.
adecad, there's another app called a route tracker that works really well. I was hoping this one would work for the detailed elevation maps.
Apr 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM
thanks deezus i have exactly the same issue as you... Not sure how this app is so expensive and doesn't even work. Ill check out route tracker, thanks for the advise.
Its a shame as this could be a really great trail app.
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Edited Apr 21, 2013 at 6:50 AM
hi,

I found a problem, why it is stuck loading. I'm on it to fix it. I will send the update soon.
Thank you for patience.

Attila
Apr 22, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Hi.. I'm currently trialing this app, i followed the steps, synced 20 .hgt maps but i can't see any of them on my phone. What am i doing wrong? I would really like to buy this if it works. Thanks.
Apr 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM
atifarkas wrote:
hi,

I found a problem, why it is stuck loading. I'm on it to fix it. I will send the update soon.
Thank you for patience.

Attila
Thanks for responding here. This app has great potential and I hope you get it working correctly so I can take it out and test it then leave a review.
Apr 22, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Are there any links or step by step instructions for the NT Garmin map downloads? I can not find these. I paid now I would like to use.
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Hi,

Numerous communities make and disclose free maps on the internet, such as:
http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/
http://openmaps.eu/
http://turistautak.hu/
etc.

Regards,
Attila
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Hi,

Do you copy the img files also? HGT files only for elevation map.

Regards,
Attila
Apr 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM
atifarkas wrote:
Hi,

Do you copy the img files also? HGT files only for elevation map.

Regards,
Attila
So u f I just want elevation only use hgt maps? I uploaded img(Garmin) and the HGT maps to my phone.
Apr 23, 2013 at 12:40 AM
I just deleted all maps, Garmin and elevation. Deleted and reinstalled app. I then only installed elevation maps and it still doesn't work. Very frustrating.
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2013 at 5:54 AM
Dear deezus,

Please can you create a POI in Trailmap Manager where you have elevation maps? Than go to control menu, poi, and show. I think you scroll far away...
I sent an update on sunday, but yesterday I did another small change, so map drawing speed is much better. I will send this update asap also.

Regards,
Attila
Apr 23, 2013 at 6:59 AM
So I can I install hgt and Garmin maps?

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: ‎4/‎22/‎2013 10:26 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Where to get the non nt maps? [trailmapmanager:440126]

Dear deezus,

Please can you create a POI in Trailmap Manager where you have elevation maps? Than go to control menu, poi, and show. I think you scroll far away...
I sent an update on sunday, but yesterday I did another small change, so map drawing speed is much better. I will send this update asap also.

Regards,
Attila
Apr 23, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Still doesn't work

Sent: ‎4/‎22/‎2013 10:26 PM

Dear deezus,

Regards,
Attila
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Please can you send me which hgt file use? L10 or K10 etc. The zip file name. Thank you!
Apr 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM
K10,k11,l10 & l11.

Sent: ‎4/‎23/‎2013 12:39 AM

Please can you send me which hgt file use? L10 or K10 etc. The zip file name. Thank you!
Apr 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Heres a screenshot of what it looks like on my Phone.

Sent: ‎4/‎23/‎2013 12:39 AM

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Dear deezus,

I found HGT bug in western side of the planet. :) The hills was shifted. I fixed it.
So I uploaded hgt files: K10, K11, L10, L11;
I upload California img map files from openstreetmap.
I made this screenshot:
You can found this screenshot also on Trailmap's facebook page.
Apr 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Uploaded where?
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I Uploaded the img files and hgt files from pc to Trailmap with Trailmap Manager. I think this version will fix your problem. Microsoft test each release, and takes about 5 days...
Apr 23, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Where can i get files from?

Sent: ‎4/‎23/‎2013 12:58 PM

I Uploaded the img files and hgt files from pc to Trailmap with Trailmap Manager. I think this version will fix your problem. Microsoft test each release, and takes about 5 days...
Apr 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM
So you updated the app?

Sent: ‎4/‎23/‎2013 12:58 PM

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Ok so let me get this straight:
You are using image files and hgt files together?
You have updated App and are awaiting MS approval?
Is it ok to have garman image files and hgt files at sale time?
Also, i notice that there's is no way to delete maps from app you have to use trailmap manager and it won't let you delete Garmin maps.

Sent: ‎4/‎23/‎2013 11:08 AM

Dear deezus,

I found HGT bug in western side of the planet. :) The hills was shifted. I fixed it.
So I uploaded hgt files: K10, K11, L10, L11;
I upload California img map files from openstreetmap.
I made this screenshot:
You can found this screenshot also on Trailmap's facebook page.
Apr 23, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Deezus there is no measure to your resolve...... I get emails when new posts come on this thread and i have to admit that im being kept very entertained... lol I truly hope to soon see a post from attila saying that all is well and working.... Not holding my breath though.
Apr 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM
The developer said in the post above that he updated the app and we will be able to get it when it passes MS certification.
I just wish the instructions on what files you put on your phone were better and also have the ability to delete maps directly from phone. I will wait for the update then I will try app. If it works good then I will review it. Im hoping it will be fixed on the next update.
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Dear All,

New version is out on the store. For force update, please visit the Trailmap store page:
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=80251238-091f-4152-88e2-5f9fc35e6bfa

If you have a problem with it, or with the manager, please share with me. I will fix it.

Regards,
Attila
Apr 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Just installwd new version, then reinstalled garmon maps and elevation maps. I still get the same look as before no matter how o zoom. I did find pne issue, when installing garmin maps do not install any file with a .mdr extension as it will cause trailmap to malfunction. Please fix app, I have not reviewed app as I would like to give Attila the chance to actually get it working before I review it.
May 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Still not working. Ihave Garmin and elevation installed. Here's a screenshot.

Sent: ‎4/‎28/‎2013 10:17 AM

Dear All,

New version is out on the store. For force update, please visit the Trailmap store page:
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=80251238-091f-4152-88e2-5f9fc35e6bfa

If you have a problem with it, or with the manager, please share with me. I will fix it.

Regards,
Attila